As a Freelance Writer it may be necessary to build a blog or website to advertise your work or promote a business opportunity related to your work. The following article is valuable information related to building a successful blog or website.
These tips for building a successful blog or website come from Incomediary. I have shortened the information for this particular posting. However, Michael has come up with some of the most excellent information that I wanted to share. Michael is a 21 year old, dyslexic drop out and he asks if he can do it, why can’t you.
· Get your Blog or Website on Line as quickly as possible.
· Choose your theme
Michael personally recommends WooThemes
· Customize your blog or website design-
· Adding logos, favicons and further customizing-
Woothemes has a terrific source for customizing based on your niche. However, the other sites indicated are also great
· Install plugins and other features-
Podcasting plug in-add a player to your blog
WP-ContactForm-basically a contract form and really simple
Comment notifier-an RSS feed for comments-this alerts your subscribers of a new comment
All in One SEO Pack-makes optimizing your blog much easier
If you haven’t already done so, get AWeber account. This account is essential when you start building your email listing.
· Creating a contact and About page
These two pieces get most of the traffic. Include a contact form when creating this portion of the blog. Include an email link and all of the social sites that you are on. You can add a page if you are using a plug in with this code
· Styling blog and website posts-
Most if not all bloggers use visual editor to create their blog posts. However, look at code in html format. You may discover some things.
· No leakage rule-
Don’t leak your site out unless you receive a commission earning. Consider selling your blog or website ad space directly for advertising revenue.
· Find Affiliate Programs that Actually work-
· Creating your first affiliate post-
He used Market me Tweet. Write a post on the product and then soft sell. Whenever you mention Twitter in other posts, refer back to the Tweet
· Adding recommended products and becoming an affiliate. Use EBay, Amazon.com, Clickbank.com and Google AdSense. However, these are my preferences.
· Add an advertising marketing spot to your blog-
You may find an advertiser that wants to add his content on your site. In this case you can charge them for the service or space.
· Create an affiliate comparison page
· Adding your funnel
For additional information and the rest of the sources Micheal reveals, see http://www.incomediary.com/20-web-design-resources-to-help-you-build-a-great-website/